Section A General Regulations Governing All Participants
Africa Aerospace and Defence 2020 will be open from 16 to 20 September 2020, at Air Force Base Waterkloof, Solomon Mahlangu Drive, Centurion, City of Tshwane, South Africa.:
During the build-up period
The build-up period will be as follows:
- 5 September 2020 for space only stands
- 5 September 2020 for Chalet interiors
- 5 September 2020 for outdoor stands
- 14 September 2020 for walk-on stands
The breakdown period will begin on Monday 21 September 2020 at 08:00 and finish on 25 September 2020. No goods or freight may be removed from the exhibition before 08:00 on Monday 21 September 2020. Walk-on stand owners may remove handheld items between 18:00 and 20:00 on Sunday 20 September 2020 through a designated exit and provided that the goods were signed in on arrival at the Freight Hangar.
The On-Site Freight Company, GAC Laser will deliver packing crates to stands between 20:00 and 22:00 on Sunday 20 September 2020 in order for exhibitors to immediately start packing up stands when the hangars open at 08:00 on 21 September 2020.
The build-up hours are as follows:
- 5 to 15 September 2020: 08:00 to 20:00
The breakdown hours are as follows:
- 21 to 25 September 2020: 08:00 to 20:00
A few basic rules during build-up and breakdown:
- The public will not be admitted during this period.
- Helmet and safety shoes must be worn from 5 to 13 September and again from 21 to 24 September 2020.
- Badges must be worn and be visible at all times.
- Access is controlled and private cars are prohibited unless they display the required vehicle access permit.
For your information: The final inspection of all stands must be completed by no later than 18:00 on the 15th September 2020 thus stands should be completed by 08:00 on the 15th of September. Stands not complete in time for the inspection will not be certified and will thus not be able to open for business on the 16th of September 2020. The security deposit levied will be utilised as a penalty for any late completion of stands and for removal of refuse during build-up and breakdown.
During the Show
- Show will open from 16 to 20 September 2020, from 09:00 to 17:00 for exhibitors.
- Children under the age of 16 years are not admitted on trade days.
- Animals are prohibited on site (except guide dogs).
- No gazebos
- No laser devices
- No firearms
- No knives
- No glass bottles
- No Drugs
- No pets
- No braais may be brought onto AFB Waterkloof premises
- Visitors are not permitted to bring their own alcohol to the show and exhibitors serving alcohol to visitors must be in possession of a relevant and valid Liquor License.
- Members of the public are requested to remain within the demarcated public viewing areas
- Please bring own chairs, sun umbrellas and sunscreen protection
- Ear Plugs are advisable for younger children
- Visitors are welcome to bring their cameras to photograph events.
- Food stalls and a beer garden will be available on the Air Show Days
- Medical/first aid facility, access for the disabled, lost child facilities will be available
- Security measures, frisking, the opening of bags or luggage and checking of vehicles, will be put in place at the entrance gates. Anyone not submitting to those procedures will not be allowed access to the base.
- Prayer room available on site