AAD at a glanceThe Africa Aerospace and Defence (AAD) is Africa’s only aerospace and defence expo that combines both a trade exhibition and an air show.
The event is hosted over a period of five days in the following format:
A 3-day trade exhibition: The trade exhibition showcases air, sea and land defence technologies, including a static aircraft display. It is open to media and trade visitors only.
A 2-day air show: The air show is a live demonstration of global aircraft and is open to media, trade and general public visitors.
AAD Expo partners
The AAD Expo is managed through a partnership between:
- The Department of Defence and Military Veterans (DOD);
- The Armaments Corporation of South Africa SOC Ltd (Armscor);
- The South African Aerospace Maritime and Defence Industries Association (AMD); and
- The Commercial Aviation Association of Southern Africa (CAASA).
View our International Agents here
A national asset
Held biennially in the City of Tshwane – South Africa’s administrative capital, the AAD Expo is one of South Africa’s largest contributors to the country’s GDP in show years, and is regarded as a national asset.
AAD brings together the largest gathering of industry players in aerospace and defence (manufacturers and innovators) and buyers (high-level international delegations, Defence Chiefs of Arms and senior procurement officers).
A key international event
Rated amongst the top six exhibitions in the world, it boasts more than 450 participating companies in the defence and aerospace industries, from over 30 countries. The AAD Expo provides a conducive environment for business-to-business linkages, as well as an ideal platform for engaging in dialogue and discourse on international defence, aerospace and other related best practices.
An unparalleled exhibition space
The AAD Expo offers exhibitors a total of 54 000sqm of:
- Indoor and outdoor exhibition space
- 7 hangars
- On-site mobility track for live demonstrations of combat vehicles
- National pavilions: comprising of countries and government departments
- Dedicated media centre and areas for photographic journalists
- Click here to read more about the history of the AAD Expo.